1. Look up a new word in the dictionary every day. Try to use it in conversation at least three times that same day.
2. Read for pleasure every day.
3. Math puzzles and tongue twisters are fun - and they help build numeracy and literacy skills as well.
4. Start a journal where you and your family members can record your thoughts and special moments together.
5. Choose a subject you know nothing about and see if it interests you by learning about it online or in the library.
6. Do a crossword puzzle or Soduko game in your daily newspaper.
7. Discuss what you have been reading at the dinner table with your family.
8. Set aside time every evening to read with your child.
9. Ask your children to share their daily homework assignments with you.
10. Make going to the library a habit. Libraries have great resources, all of them free!
Grant for Students from Middle Income Families
Under this grant, students from middle-income families who qualify for a federal student loan and meet the specific grant eligibility requirements will receive $100 per month of study. This grant is available for all years of a university undergraduate, college or trade school program. Delivered by: Human Resources and Skills... More >
Volunteer Centres in Saskatchewan
Volunteer Saskatoon 100-506 25th St East Saskatoon SK S7K 4A7 Tel: 306-975-3477 Fax: 306 244 0583 firstname.lastname@example.org More >
Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) Program - Doctoral Scholarships provides scholarships to doctoral students who have achieved academic excellence in their undergraduate and graduate studies in the field of social sciences and humanities. Delivered by: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Candidates must meet the... More >
Automotive painters work on the surfaces of motor vehicles, primarily in restoring vehicles to their original condition following damage and subsequent auto body repair. Generally, automotive painting begins when body work has been completed. Some of the duties that an automotive painter completes include: removing exterior trim and hardware; removing... More >
House of Commons Page Program for High School Students
Each year, 40 students are selected from high schools and CEGEPs across Canada to come to Ottawa and work as Pages in the House of Commons. Pages have the opportunity to learn about the House of Commons while witnessing the legislative process first hand. Those hired as Pages work on... More >
Veterinary Colleges in Canada
The Atlantic Veterinary College University of Prince Edward Island 550 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI, Canada C1A 4P3 UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al 3200, rue Sicotte Saint-Hyacinthe, QuÃ©bec, Canada J2S 7C6 The Ontario Veterinary College University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1 The Western College of Veterinary Medicine University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon,... More >
Canada Student Loans and Grants
The Canada Student Loans Program and the Canada Student Grants Program help by providing student financial assistance in the form of loans and grants to Canadians attending post-secondary education in most provinces and territories. The federal governmentâ??s student loans and grants make it easier for Canadian students and families to... More >
Ironworkers (reinforcing) cut, bend, lay out, place and weld reinforcing steel rods, welded wire fabric and composite materials in a wide variety of poured concrete products and structures such as buildings, highways, bridges, stadiums and towers. They also place and stress various post-tensioning systems in structures such as parking garages,... More >