Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a â??to-doâ?? list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when itâ??s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Grant for Students from Middle Income Families
Under this grant, students from middle-income families who qualify for a federal student loan and meet the specific grant eligibility requirements will receive $100 per month of study. This grant is available for all years of a university undergraduate, college or trade school program. Delivered by: Human Resources and Skills... More >
Volunteer Centres in Saskatchewan
Volunteer Saskatoon 100-506 25th St East Saskatoon SK S7K 4A7 Tel: 306-975-3477 Fax: 306 244 0583 firstname.lastname@example.org More >
Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) Program - Doctoral Scholarships provides scholarships to doctoral students who have achieved academic excellence in their undergraduate and graduate studies in the field of social sciences and humanities. Delivered by: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Candidates must meet the... More >
Automotive painters work on the surfaces of motor vehicles, primarily in restoring vehicles to their original condition following damage and subsequent auto body repair. Generally, automotive painting begins when body work has been completed. Some of the duties that an automotive painter completes include: removing exterior trim and hardware; removing... More >
House of Commons Page Program for High School Students
Each year, 40 students are selected from high schools and CEGEPs across Canada to come to Ottawa and work as Pages in the House of Commons. Pages have the opportunity to learn about the House of Commons while witnessing the legislative process first hand. Those hired as Pages work on... More >
Veterinary Colleges in Canada
The Atlantic Veterinary College University of Prince Edward Island 550 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI, Canada C1A 4P3 UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al 3200, rue Sicotte Saint-Hyacinthe, QuÃ©bec, Canada J2S 7C6 The Ontario Veterinary College University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1 The Western College of Veterinary Medicine University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon,... More >
Canada Student Loans and Grants
The Canada Student Loans Program and the Canada Student Grants Program help by providing student financial assistance in the form of loans and grants to Canadians attending post-secondary education in most provinces and territories. The federal governmentâ??s student loans and grants make it easier for Canadian students and families to... More >
Ironworkers (reinforcing) cut, bend, lay out, place and weld reinforcing steel rods, welded wire fabric and composite materials in a wide variety of poured concrete products and structures such as buildings, highways, bridges, stadiums and towers. They also place and stress various post-tensioning systems in structures such as parking garages,... More >