About DalhousieDalhousie University blends the finest academic traditions with innovative thinking and outstanding educational opportunities. Here, in one of North America's most dynamic university communities, is a warm and welcoming university that attracts students from around the globe. With 11 faculties and more than 3,600 courses in 180 areas of study, Dalhousie offers students a wealth of choice and flexible degree programs.
Faculty at DalhousieThe calibre of Dalhousie's faculty is key to its reputation as an academic leader. Dal's faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their achievement, research and teaching.
Many of the professors are award winners. Outstanding work has been recognized in the appointment of three new University Research Professors: Philip Girard (Law), Gregory Hanlon (History) and Hal Whitehead (Biology). Professor Peter Aucoin (Political Science) " who won the prestigious Vanier Medal in 2005 " was appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and given the Award for Teaching Excellence by Dalhousie Alumni Association. Professor Axel Becke (Chemistry) was selected as a Fellow of the Royal Society (Great Britain.) Dalhousie professors hold 45 Canada Research Chairs " more than at any other university in the Atlantic Region.
Nova Scotia Universities
- Acadia University - Wolfville , Nova Scotia
- Cape Breton University - Sydney , Nova Scotia
- Mount Saint Vincent University - Halifax , Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Agricultural College - Truro , Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design - Halifax , Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Community College - Halifax , Nova Scotia
- Saint Mary's University - Halifax , Nova Scotia
- St. Francis Xavier University - Antigonish , Nova Scotia
- The Universite Sainte-Anne - Church Point , Nova Scotia
- The University of King's College - Halifax - Halifax , Nova Scotia